I began this series as a response to the Republican talking points in January, 2005. These digital photomontages are output to inkjet print and the web. They combine my original photographs with historic photographs from the Library of Congress public archive. Reformatted and on exhibit 2020-21 in:
UNDEFEATED: Canvas(s)ing the Politics of Voter Suppression Since Women’s Suffrage
An exhibit by WVU Art in the Libraries
Exhibit page with piece
Voting Rights Act after Shelby v. Holder
- UNDEFEATED: Canvas(s)ing the Politics of Voter Suppression Since Women’s Suffrage: An exhibit by WVU Art in the Libraries. Lead Curator: Sally Brown Deskins; Lead Designer: Eve Faulkes; Online Designer: Travis Williamson. 2020-21.
- Ameri-Dreaming: Art & American Culture at the Claypool-Young Art Gallery at Morehead State University, Fall 2008.
- ATHICA: The Athens Institute for Contempmorary Art. Fall, 2006.
- Review: “With ‘America on the Brink,’ ATHICA offers art a chance to speak out”September 7, 2006, Athens Banner-Herald.
- Selections have also been published in the journal BRIDGES (Indiana University Press), Fall 2006 issue.
- Selections shown in at exhibition, What is Freedom? in Boston, September/October 2005.